How to Install an SSL Certificate on Your WebsiteSeptember 5, 2018
Digging Garden Website RedesignNovember 28, 2018
What is a Website Audit or Review?
A website audit is simply the process of checking your website’s performance against the online parameters that define its success. This success can be measured in engagement, traffic, purchases, etc. Whatever metric of success you use, your website’s performance should be tracked and reviewed periodically.
While a review is important for all website owners to perform annually, there are specific circumstances that warrant a comprehensive one as soon as possible.
Do any of the following statements apply to you?
- My website gets enough traffic, but not enough conversions (conversions are the number of users who take the desired action, such as signing up for a newsletter, or purchasing a product).
- My website has lost traffic because of a Google penalty, and my website needs to recover from it.
- I want to get better ranking results in Google.
- I want to get better results from my blogging efforts.
- My clients have provided negative feedback about the usability and function of my website.
- I have never performed a website review on my site before.
- I have not performed a website review within the last year.
If any of these statements apply to you, it’s time for a review.
Performing a Website Audit
There are two ways to review your website. You can either hire a professional or DIY it. Most website owners will opt to hire a professional web development company because, in addition to reviewing your website and diagnosing performance and user-experience issues, professionals can fix problems that arise during the review.
Analytic Design offers a comprehensive website review and reporting service. We review your existing site to understand the build, framework, database, and structure, as well as any issues we see that could cause potential problems. You receive a copy of the report as well as our recommendations. We can provide solutions to visual, technical, and structural issues on your website. Our designers, developers and support staff have a collective twenty years of experience and technical expertise in the analytics, design and programming arenas.
However, if you’re more of a DIY kind of person, you may prefer to perform your own review. Here are some guides and resources: